Wednesday, December 20, 2006

United we stand

It's now been more than six months since I realized Norway was the place to be (or at least where I could get a job), and I moved to Oslo. I lived for two months at a student housing outside Oslo CBD, but has since August lived with Kent William, Kristin and Kristoffer. It might have been a good time to evaluate the household, however (and this despite my blog being absolutely no-findable if you search Google), I'm not a fan of saying too much in public about people I live with. Even if it's all good and glamour some people don't like to be analyzed in public. Which is fair enough (however, ask me, and I'm happy to give you all the goss)...

Anyway, why this come up today is because we are going to have the annually Flatmate-Goodbye-Before-Xmas-Party. We've bought awesome food, wine and sweets and are just going to have a great time together tonight.

But to the phenomenon of flatmates. I've had 10 in total. Ten different people I'd known for less than 15 minutes when we agreed to live together. It is actually the perfect recipe for a total disaster. However, with the exception of one (and you know who you are, our feelings were mutual), it's been a ball. I've lived with some of the best people roaming this earth. Two of them are now happily pregnant with a total of three kids. One is married, one engaged. One is on her way to become the next Secretary-General of the UN, one will become a High Court Judge, one the CEO of Nintendo and one a top designer. These are some amazing, fascinating and at some times very frustrating people I've had the privilege to live with.

All I can say is that I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I. I'll go home tonight and be nice to my roomies. They've deserved it. Merry Christmas to you all: Shabana, Nina, Trude, Stina, Cassidy, Ivy, Magnus, Kristin, Kristoffer and Kent William!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er det nå vi skal sloss om hvem som er på toppen av pallen? Hilsen favoritt flatmaten

Maria Philippa said...

Det er selvfølgelig DU som er øverst! Ingen over, ingen ved siden:)

Anonymous said...

Det var det jeg trodde. Du er seff hjertelig invitert ned til meg på en visitt om du har tid innimellom redde-verden prosjektene. Veldig glad i deg solstråla!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...