Monday, December 25, 2006

30 - 2

21. 22. 358. 3. 45. 7. 16. 50

My sister turned 21 today. Hooraay! My parents have been married 22 years. It's the 358th day of the year. I got 3 bottles of wine for Christmas. My auntie lives 45 kilometres out of Oslo. I've been 7 times to Australia and I've got 16 countries to visit before I am at 50 in total. Mongolia, the Soviet Republic and Marocco is included. Bahrain is not.

Numbers are quite cool actually, and can mean a lot, or nothing, to people. Triskaidekaphobia is the name for the phobia for number 13. 420 means peace, man to some people and nada to others, the speed limit in Norway is 100, it's 37 years since the coup in Libya and number 9 is the "luckiest" number.

But what's 30 - 2? The scoreboard after the Heia Tufte-gang played some favela-team in Saõ Paolo? The middle temperature in Oslo during August? Bad boys in my life vs nice boys in my life?

It is two life saving numbers. Number of heart compressions followed by number of breaths. And you should exercise these number if someone you love/hate/don't know/etc/etc fall over with a heart attack. It actually came up during our Christmas lunch today somehow, because at my cousin's school they've given every 7th grader a practice-heart-lung-compressions-doll, where the kids promise to teach their families the procedure and through word of mouth the mouth-to-mouth-method shall become widely known in Norway, and hopefully prevent the large number of these kind of deaths. I reckon that's a pretty good idea. You try and remember it too.

My personal favourite is 13.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...