Friday, December 29, 2006

Lights out

I live on the top floor at all the roomies have windows facing the street. As a result it is very easy to see who's home and who's not. I love walking along the street next to the church and see all the lights flashing, knowing there'll be lots of happy people to chat to when I get in. We're back to the flatmate-issue and I think I'll have to conclude with the fact it would've been boring without them. Trude reminded me yesterday how great a flatmate can be (ingen over, ingen ved siden), and I am forever thankful.

Nevertheless, for the weekend (and NYE) the roomies have gone missing in action and left the big city for a rather small, but very idylic (at least in summertime) town in the southern part of Norway. A whole weekend to myself, not to mention the year's biggest party night. Not that I'm looking that much forward to it actually. After the New Years Eve of all Eves in 2003/2004 in Sydney (think singlets and flip flops, not a winter jacket in sight, four million people out in the streets and the most spectacular fireworks ever), I doubt anything can beat it (I know I should be trying, rather than boycotting the night and giving up).

New Year's Eve is a weird day, everyone has hopes to it, which they should as it's the start to a new year, and it's good to have hopes to the new year, however, it also ends an old one, and if that hasn't gone exactly as you wanted/wished/preferred it's kind of too late to do anything with it then. Luckily there's a new one coming up, so you could always try to make that better, but I hate leaving things behind unfinished. Not that I din't fulfill this year's resolutions, of course I did! Can't remember if I had any, actually. Must have been something with travelling...

But you know the usual ones always pops up: stop smoking (not that I ever have), exercise more, eat less junk, earn more money, learn Mandarin/Russian/Urdu, make friends, improve life etc, etc, radarada. Rubbish. A friend said he had to start the new year in the arms of a girl, and that of course also brings out the inevitable question of your martial status. Are you single at the begininng of 2007 as well?? Jesus, woman! Hmm...well, still got a few days don't I?



Lights on!!

2 comments:

Kristoffer said...

Du vet at vi veldig gjerne ville ha deg med til den idylliske sørlige byen. Jeg prøvde å overtale deg flere ganger. Du er fantastisk Maria og takk for varmen du bringer. :)

Anonymous said...

Det er ikke noe hast med aa endre status. Ingen. Hilsen nyervervet status som singel.
p.s. Det er alltid rom for midlertidig status endring. Bare ikke gjoer det til en vane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...