Saturday, March 21, 2009

Perfect day

Oh, it's just a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you

Lou Reed spends his perfect day drinking sangria in the park or feeding animals in the zoo. I spent it with Kari and Sigbjørn, climbing Platteklip Gorge up Table Mountain.

We' had goodbye brekky in Observatory where Hannah, Kari, Sigbjørn, Afra, Nuha, Tawfig, Charity and Christopher had joined for one last time and after a long and delicious breakfast we decided to really climb Table Mountain. It was perfect weather, perfect view, perfect company, so couldn't really have asked for a better way to finish off my Cape Town stay. After a long and slightly strenous climb that will kill my knees tomorrow we were up on the plateau with some amazing view over the city, Camps Bay, Clifton Beaches, the 12 Apostles, Robben Island and more, and the sun was on our side all the time. Had yummy lunch and caught the cable car down. They've revamped it in the past few years, it now takes 65 passengers and does a 360 degree spin during the few minutes it takes to get down. I had various worst-case-scenarioes playing out in my head, and it didn't really help that Kari reminded us that the Ulrik-cable-car in Bergen has fallen down at one point, but we got safe down and is now home in Mowbray for the last supper. Tawfig is cooking his amazing Sudanese lamb curry, and if you remind me I'll cook it for you when I get home.

It's off to Namibia tomorrow (why not?), and then time will tell where the African sun brings me! Cheers!


3 comments:

Christer Solskogen said...

But did they serve you any good coffe?

Maria Philippa said...

Hmm...the coffee in ZA has been nothing to write home about. I think the equatorial countries of Ethiopia, Kenya etc. would rock your world more at that. When it comes to wine, however - that's a total different story...! And maybe not recommended for brekky, but hey, that's up to you!

Anonymous said...

Steike Maria, ute å reiser ennå,fresht ! :)

Klem Andreas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...