Friday, April 10, 2009

You are in an unfamiliar location

Facebook have learned from their previous mistakes and security mishaps, so when I today tried to login from an "unfamiliar location" I was grateful towards their updated security system and the fact they asked me for date of birth to double check. Because yes, I am in an unfamiliar location. I am in Zimbabwe, number 5 of the world's failed states, a country where there are no change, no bacon in the pasta carbonara, where you mix up the billions and the trillions of the local currency, but nevertheless, where one of the world's 7 natural wonders are located - the mighty Victoria Falls.

It has been a marvellous trip through Southern Africa and although I am glad this stay is coming to an end and look forward to go home I don't regret the heat, the mossie bites, the long days in the truck, the uncomfortable nights in a tent, the pressure of writing exams and the time away a second.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...