Thursday, January 11, 2007

Too little, too late?

In fear of using too many of Radio 1's "Topp seks klokken seks"- songs as headers I hereby acknowledge that I stand by my decision to name this post "Too little, too late?" (And the question-mark is important here), despite it also being the second post in a row that steals the name of a song.

All autumn I've been waiting for one thing. I've talked to friends about it, wished for it, waited for it, gone to bed every night and thought, please, pretty please, let it happen tonight. But no, it has been long. I've been waiting and been left out in the dark. There have been indications that we might be have been close to the ultimate satisfaction, but what little there was always disappeared in front of my eyes, left me stranded and lost, longing for it.

Then, like a lightning from clear skies, I got it. It was there before me, and suddenly I did not know. Was this really what I wanted? It would definitively make me uncomfortable at times. And cold. Maybe I was better off without it?

It used to make me happy. But was it just too little too late? Was I nearly so over it, waiting for the next, that it screwed with my head and left me clueless? Despite promises of it's authenticity, and that this time it had come to stay, I'm not sure I'm willing to let the guards down. I might get disapointed.

13 cm of snow can't make up for the green winter we've had so far. It should've snowed back in October when I wanted it to. Not waited til now to seize the day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...