Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ghosts from the past

It's been another weekend at my parents new house, and lots of cleaning up, going through boxes with some stuff I wish I'd never see again. Like my year 8 gradebook. Nothing to be proud of. Also found some old essays which made me reconsider my choice of career. Not good.
Nevertheless, between textbooks, photos and teddybears I found The law of girl scouts. I was a girl scout when I was 7 and I'd made this book ful of (I assume) useful stuff when you hike around in the woods. Appearantly I once knew how to make signs in the forest for others to follow, how to rise the flag at the correct times, a star sign called Lepus, not to mention that I knew what animal had walked in my path by looking at the footprint it had left behind. I'm slightly ashamed, but have to admit this knowledge has somehow disappeared. Anyway, the law of scouts consist of ten rules. Here are my favourites:
  • 4. A girl scout is a good friend.
  • 7. A girl scout thinks and acts independently and tries to understand others.
  • 8. A girl scout does her best in hard and difficult times.
  • 10. A girl scout works for peace and understanding between people.

  • I wonder what the world would have been like if everyone, from the age of ten had been imprinted with these rules. Bet Bush hasn't been a scout, he needs a bit more practise at # 10 at least.

    There was a snow storm on the weekend, so snow is still here for some weird reason. My dog Kajsa loves snow, and especially chasing snowballs. She's also a champ at making snowangels. I'll give you some snow photos. They could be dedicated to Tonje Camilla who's in Central America and definitively won't see snow in the upcoming months, but might dedicate them to Stian instead, because it's actually just as unlikely he'll see any.


    Det er dejlig at være norsk i Danmark.


    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...