Monday, January 08, 2007

All good things come to an end

It's been a weird weekend. I've been at my parents place cleaning up before they upsize their perfectly fine suburbian house and move out to the country. Of course I have to think of the future offspring who wants a garden to play in without the immediate danger of getting run over by cars, but a bit out in the sticks, if you ask me.

Nevertheless, up in the loft, behind old clothes, doonas and teddybears were four boxes that literally contained "my life". Pictures, letters, old school organizers and just small things that reminded me of times that had been. Some things I'd kept for so many years I'd forgotten why there were special to me, some things brought up sad memories and other things just made me laugh. I found a wooden figure Ryan made to me in Australia because he'd seen a beautiful flower Cristina had crafted, although it was a nice gesture, the wooden man somehow did not make the "keep beyond 2007" box.

What I did find that just made me embarrazed and probably should go without mention was a CD-collection. I'm not even going to mention it's content, but it matched the like of 74-75 and Blue (both of which I've heard on the radio during the weekend), Space Jam, Cotton Eye Joe and Macarena, not to forget the one and only MMMpop.

I think it's good some things come to an end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...