Thursday, December 04, 2008

Lesedag

Last night's dream which involved a super-difficult exam question and getting lost on my way to the examination room should have inspired me to be more productive than the following account, however, as I'm not superwoman, I can't help it.

06.30am: alarm rings. Snooze for 15 minutes is allowed. This will be a super-mega-productive-day.

07.56am: at work. Yes, I know I have the day off to read for my exam, but there was just a few things I had to fix, some e-mails that needed to be answered and stuff.

08.49am: ok, still at work. Will leave soon. Just gotta do this one thing with my students' home exams which are due tomorrow.

09.49am: I'm leaving now!

10.13am: at uni. Stocked up on water, clementines, apples, must certainly be brain food. Found my favourite reading room (being away from the general area where you get murderous looks just for breathing out load), this will be good.

10.15am: books out, food out, computer out. Ok, will just quickly check my personal e-mail.

10.17am: and quickly job e-mail as well, could happen someone sent me an e-mail since I left 20 minutes ago.

10.18am: yeah, there was one there, I'll just reply quickly and I'll get started.

10.25am: Bourdieu. Hmm...apparently this dude writes about cultural capital which is knowledge you acquire through upbringing. It's a bit dull actually, maybe I'll just quickly update my Facebook-status to say how dull this is.

11.15am: what?? Quarter past eleven? I haven't even finished the first page, ok, keep reading.

11.25am: I don't really get much out of this. Think I'll have a clementine.

11.28am: Yummy clementine, might just have another.

11.35am: do you think anyone will notice if I skip the article, as it doesn't really do much for me? Maybe I should look through the rest of the book to get an overview of what I should read in the coming days. Planning ahead is always a good idea.

11.42am: Ah, cool! Found an article I had read (although can't remember, but at least it's highlighted) that I hadn't crossed off the reading list.

11.43am: *cross*cross*cross*cross*

11.58am: Oh, Trond pops by, do I want a coffe? No, it's still a bit early and I have to keep reading.

12.15pm: Ok, consider the Bourdieu article read as it was too dull to actually read. Didn't anything out of it.

12.52pm: Oh, fuck. It's lunch time already.

To be continued...

1 comment:

tonje camilla said...

hahahahaha!!! jeg ler høyt her jeg nipper rødvin og "skriver" oppgave som må leveres før jeg forlater kåken 06.00 i morra tidlig. godt det ikke bare er meg som er supereffektiv student. fantastisk skrevet!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...