Friday, November 24, 2006

Buy-Nothing-Day

I am usually very good at remembering things. For yonks I used to remember silly and insignificant details like the actual time difference between Bergen and Oslo is 22 minutes, and the tallest mountain in Australia is 2228 meter high. However, now, when it comes to important things I should remember I have to make lists. And one list that is rather important in the upcoming month is whoever is on my Christmas-present list. Don't worry if you're not there, I'm not that good any more at getting fabulous presents, but I do find a good one now and then (it was probably not yours anyway).

Tomorrow is the world's Buy Nothing-day, which I (slightly worn down by guilt) will spend doing all my Christmas-present-shopping. It's not because I don't support a less consumer-focused society, it's just because it's my first free Saturday for more than a month, and my last free Saturday until Christmas.

Anyway, if you believe you should be on my Christmas-present-list and doubt you are there I'd recommend you sending me a rather nice email with some kind words, followed by some flowers and chocolate (preferably anonymously to my work so they all think I've got tons of admirers), promises of that you will remember my birthday which often drowns in the aftermath of gingerbread-biscuits and Christmas-lights, and I'll consider getting you something you need for Christmas. Or, to quote the ultimate chick-flick and feel good movie, Love Actually, "I don't want something I need, I want something I want."

That's a great start to Buy Nothing-Day.

One month til Santa's coming. Hohoho...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...