Monday, April 10, 2006

Hot shower

Yess! Finally, after more than eight weeks in Latin America have we finally come across a hot shower with a decent waterflow. You can actually wash your hair and get all the shampoo out afterwards! San Cristobal is a really cute, quite big town, with some amazing buildings shattered around everywhere. The bull fighting arena is only a block away from the hotel, but I think we just missed a match yesterday (no, Cristina, I promise, I wouldn't have gone anyway), and there's some pretty big churches around.

This is Sarah on the way to immigration, note the sign saying please leave all your arms on the outside. Just a hint...

Other than that, we went out last night, had lovely dinner and tried out the only nightclub open. Lots of salsa and good fun, got back home around 2ish and saw Roald Dahl's Matilda on the English movie channel. Slept til noon, which is ridiculous, and have just had breakfast (it's 2.30pm). Now we're about to go shopping, I need some new jeans, I'll get a photo of my old ones, they are virtually non-existent and I'm scared they're going to fall apart any minute. And there's supposed to be a great market here too!

Fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria, Mexico sounds great! How long will you be in Guatemala there for? Where was the autumn job and are applying for other stuff too? Do you want to work in Australia or Norway? Your trip sounds like one big party, I'm very jealous, sitting here in front of a computer for 8 hours a day! And I have to work over Easter - what are you doing for Easter? Eliza

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...