Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The world has gone absolutely stark raving mad

4.18pm, in the office: Ola comes in the door, we have a chat and tell him about the huge mega success Facebook has been for Kulturstudier and x-plore. Kulturstudier have got 40 new members and an unaccounted for number of posts and board topics since lunch, more than what we had all autumn at our old forum. So it's all good.

4.21pm, still office: Helga and I try to trick Ola into at least having a look at this phenomenon, if not good for anything else at least it will increase awareness about his band Suspenders and they can post whenever they've got gigs and stuff.

4.27pm: Ola has logged into Facebook and is struggling with the privacy settings. Don't really want your email to be shown off to the entire world, will you?

4.32pm: He's hooked. Helga and me are now guilty of creating another Facebook junkie. Black Suspenders have already managed to get several friends, joined two groups, been invited to a few events and mentioned we hooked up last year and it was good. Now he's in a relationship and it's complicated. (Heard that before, haven't we??)

4.48pm: Another ten people have joined Kulturstudier's group and I am in ecstasy. Trude posts a note on my wall asking for photos of Kristoffer. I say I don't have any available, but that he's added as friend and she can snoop around for herself.

Time-consuming, information-sharing, network-binding, friends-making, espionage on the highest level. Trude haven't repeated her request so I guess she found what she was looking for.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...